Essential Oils for Beginners
What are ESSENTIAL OILS?
Natural aromatic compounds extracted from seeds, bark, stems, roots, flowers, and other parts of plants. Essential oils contain natural and unique properties that can have powerful benefits on your health and overall wellness.
START WITH THE BASICS
Properties: Cleansing, revitalizing, uplifting
- Add to a spray bottle of water to clean tables, countertops, and other surfaces.
- Use to remove gum, glue, or any other sticky residues.
- Add to your favorite desserts or beverages for zesty flavor.
- Take internally to support heathy digestion.*
- Diffuse to purify air and create an uplifting, refreshing aromatic experience.
Properties: Soothing, calming
- Diffuse or add a few drops to your pillow or feet to prepare for a restful night’s sleep.
- Apply topically to help reduce the appearance of blemishes.
- Add a few drops to a warm bath to help soak away stress.
- Consume 1–2 drops to help calm the nervous system.*
Properties: Cooling, energizing, natural bug repellent
- Take internally to help alleviate occasional stomach upset.*
- Apply a few drops to the back of your neck to cool off.
- For a clearing, refreshing aroma, diffuse at night by your bedside.
- Rub on head and neck for a soothing sensation when feeling tense.
- Add to shampoo or conditioner for a stimulating scalp massage.
Melaleuca (Tea Tree)
Properties: Soothing, cleansing
- Combine 1–2 drops with your facial cleanser or moisturizer for added cleansing properties, or apply to skin after shaving.
- Apply to fingernails and toenails to keep nails looking clean and healthy.
- Use as an effective surface cleaner. Add a few drops to shampoo or massage into the scalp.
- Add to toothpaste or swish with water for a quick and easy mouth rinse.
METHODS OF USE
AROMATIC— Essential oils that can be used aromatically. Diffusion is one of the most popular ways to enjoy the aromatic benefits of essential oils.
TOPICAL— Essential oils that can be used topically, which means you can apply them directly on the skin or mix them with carrier oils or other personal care products.
INTERNAL— Essential oils that can be used internally. You can add oils to beverages, take them in Veggie Caps, or use them in your favorite recipes.
DILUTE— A category of essential oils that should be mixed with a carrier oil. The carrier oil will help “carry” the essential oils onto the skin.
NEAT— A category of essential oils that can be applied topically without dilution because of their extremely mild chemistry.
SENSITIVE— A category of essential oils that should be diluted for young or sensitive skin.
*These statements have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration. This product is not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.