Our 4oz. calendula oil is an herbal sun-infusion process of over 6 months. The benefits of using calendula oil is its anti-inflammatory and antibacterial properties. It helps with the following:
1. Skin dryness or chapping — Calendula oil is a great moisturizer for dry skin and for severely chapped or split skin. It helps soothe the area and reduce the pain.
2. Inflammation — It works well on sprained muscles or bruises; its anti-inflammatory action helps lessen swelling from injury. Calendula oil also helps treat spider veins, varicose veins, leg ulcers and chilblains.
3. Baby care — The oil helps relieve diaper rashes, which can extremely irritate an infant.
4. Minor cuts and wounds — The antiseptic and antimicrobial action of the oil help speed up healing of wounds and minor cuts, and also help relieve insect bites, acne and bed sores.
5. Skin issues — Eczema, psoriasis, dermatitis and other skin problems can be soothed using calendula oil, applied topically. Calendula oil's antifungal action is also great for helping treat athlete's foot, ringworm and jock itch.
Native to the Mediterranean, Calendula Extract and Calendula Petals are known for their skin soothing properties and are commonly used in skincare products for oily skin types. For many centuries, Calendula has been highly regarded as a medicinal herb in both Ayurvedic and traditional Chinese medicine. Calendula is one of the most healing, anti-inflammatory, antiviral herbs.
Calendula is gentle and cooling, perfect for anyone spending a lot of time outdoors with high exposure to the elements. It makes an excellent baby’s oil and is exceptional for those with sensitive skin.